Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Days 22-27! Happy Thanksgiving!



Days 22-27 of the November Thankfulness Challenge.  Tomorrow will be a special Thanksgiving post!


Day 22- I am thankful for… conversation. You get to know people; you share your deepest secrets, hopes and dreams. Conversation opens people up and it’s a great witnessing tool.


Day 23- I am thankful for… birds. Strange one, I know. I love in the summer, waking up at camp at 5 (yes, am!), shuffling to the ladies’ room for a shower, yawning, and then, pausing to listen to the birds singing praise to the Lord. How awesome is that?! It was a good daily reminder of why I was there!


Day 24- I am thankful for… long car rides. Whether it’s with family or friends, I know I’m in for lots of laughs, maybe some tears, and a whole bunch of time to know people better.


Day 25- I am thankful for… made-up games. Another unusual choice, but I have a reason. I used to pretend I was Lucy from “The Chronicles of Narnia” I was on the Dawn Treader or riding a horse through the Western Woods. I learned how to deal with stuff, even if it was made up. I sound nuts… I promise I’m normal… Well, kind of ;) My mom makes up games for long car rides too… There was one where we go through the alphabet and have to name different songs for each letter, or characters from the Bible… or sing the first lines of Christmas carols… we are a very extraordinary family!


Day 26- I am thankful for… music. Hymns, choruses, background jazz at Starbucks, opera at Barnes & Noble, The Messiah by Handel, Christmas carols, country music for the summer (well, all year round really) Christian contemporary for youth meetings, classical for studying, movie soundtracks for writing, etc. Music is a gift and a blessing.


Day 27- I am thankful for… late nights. Some of my best memories have been made at night: sitting in the boathouse at camp, eating Nutella and talking about Jesus; sitting on a couch, watching movies with my best friends; having dance parties for two; telling secrets under the blankets, etc.


May you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving!
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment