Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday's Thrills: Nerd Girl Moment!!!

       Today's thrill has to do with something that happened in the nerd-verse today. They released the second official trailer for the upcoming installment of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug!!!!!!!

      I know, I know, people. I'm nuts. There's a reason behind my love for this movie, the whole genre of fantasy, in fact. When I was younger, and even now, stories were my escape. Having a bad day? Pick up Tolkien. Confused with school? Take a break and pick up Narnia. Frustrated with family? Pick up The Chronicles of Prydain. I was able to escape, be myself, feel... oh I don't know... like a person. Because of stories, I learned what to do if I'm ever on a deserted island, how to build a raft,  how to bind a wound with a scarf, what kind of roots to eat when traveling, etc. I know, that stuff is basically pointless, but I also learned how to act around grown ups, take care of others, help the hurt and brokenhearted, etc. Stuff I will actually use. I matured so much because of books.

       Sorry, that was a really long explanation and it includes lots of ramblings but hopefully I got some sort of a point across. Don't knock the fantasy and sci-fi genres of books, movies, tv shows, etc. They provide otherwise unattainable situations to mature and learn. Learn to live and learn to love.

      Anyway, here's the link to watch the trailer. "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug"

Blessings,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment