Monday, January 23, 2012

It's days like these that make me want to just...

Today was, is... just keep reading. 


  I sometimes feel like maybe none of it is worth all the effort that I put into it. There's an unknown quote that says "Before you give up, think of the reason why you held on for so long." My problem is that I don't remember what I've been holding onto. I can't remember the reason behind anything. Sometimes I feel like I've been doing it all just because. Lately, I've been studying Humanities for school and because I only do what subject at a time, I get so focused on doing well in that one thing that I can't remember why I'm doing it in the first place. I get stressed out about one little thing and I can't seem to follow up on any of it. I'm sinking, drowning, going down, deeper into something that I don't understand.


   This song has been playing lately over the radio, my iPod, and even in my head. But it's not "touching" me at all. But I'll share it with you anyway and maybe it will bless you.


"You are more than the choices that you've made, 
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes, 
You are more than the problems you create, 
You've been remade. 

'Cause this is not about what you've done, 
But what's been done for you.
This is not about where you've been, 
But where your brokenness brings you to

This is not about what you feel, 
But what He felt to forgive you, 
And what He felt to make you loved. 

You are more than the choices that you've made, 
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes, 
You are more than the problems you create, 
You've been remade." You are More by Tenth Avenue North


   There is a pressure to do different things and I feel like I'm drowning in it all. I think I am, drowning in the pressure and stress. I don't know. I don't understand. I want to know why. I want answers, but I'm not getting any.

 Why God, Why? Why do You give me these situations to go through but there does not seem to be anyway out? Why am I drowning? Why do I feel like it's all been in vain? Why do I feel like I'm doing it "just because?" WHY GOD, WHY?!?!? GIVE ME ANSWERS! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Abby,
    You're like my older sister and I understand what you mean. I have felt like this. Alot very recently. I am right now :( So I understand what you're going through... And that song has been such a blessing in my life over the past 7-8 months. I hoope you are feeling better about the subject now that it has been almost 12 months.

    Your Almost Sister,
    <3 Carly <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little better. Thanks. We are more than our choices!

      Delete