Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2 am and counting...

It is now 2 am on Tuesday as I sit here typing this. I hate when I can't sleep for no real reason... I don't know why, but it's giving me time to listen the Handel's Messiah. The words seem to calm my heart as I listen to it. "O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion, get thee up into the high mountain; O thou that tellest good tidings to Jerusalem, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, and be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!" 
This reminds me that what I really need to is worship Him. He will guide and calm. That is my prayer for myself and others.


I promised a picture of dinner- the red potatoes I made. If anyone is interested, I can post the recipe on here. It's really simple and very scrumptious! But we had this with a tasteful roast pork tip that I could in the slow cooker. I'm not sure what I put in there considering that it had "a little of everything!" But over all it was a successful meal! :)


I am hoping to make a stew on Friday, which I have made before and it is a winter favorite! 


So now it is 2:10 am and I am still awake- I'm really rambling right now because I am tired but I can not fall asleep. Sometimes I am afraid to fall asleep because of these awful nightmares that I often get. They vary a bit, but they always have something happen. My family and friends are sick, hurt, or worse; yet, the worse is when I dream that I am all alone in the world. No one to talk to, sing with, cook for, take care of, pray for, worship together, etc. It's a very terrible feeling, to feel helpless I mean. But what I do, is pray. And sing. Singing helps :]


I have a friend who is going through a "personal crisis" of sorts. I would appreciate your prayers for her very much. Also for me- I'm going to attempt some sleep now at 2:20 am and I do have a lot to accomplish tomorrow (today). Your prayers are coveted greatly!




May God bless you richly as you delight in His word, live in His will, and love Him with all that is within you!

No comments:

Post a Comment