Sunday, November 19, 2017

Here's a question: do you read your Bible every day?

     Do you stand on the Word of God in your life? Is what the Lord says the standard by how you live daily? Here's a basic Sunday school type question: do you read your Bible every day?

     God's been working on me in this way & I have attempted to put in extra effort to actually doing it. Do I read the Word every day? Do I think about what it means and how to apply it? Do I remember it throughout the day? Do I truly believe what the Bible says is true and will not fail? Do I live with the faith that the Word of the Lord is perfect and cannot die?

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
Matthew 24:35

Forever, O Lord,
Your word is settled in heaven.
Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
You established the earth, and it abides.
They continue this day according to Your ordinances,
For all are Your servants.
Unless Your law had been my delight,
I would then have perished in my affliction.
I will never forget Your precepts,
For by them You have given me life.
I am Yours, save me;
For I have sought Your precepts.
The wicked wait for me to destroy me,
But I will consider Your testimonies.
I have seen the consummation of all perfection,
But Your commandment is exceedingly broad.
Psalm 119:89-96

The voice said, “Cry out!”
And he said, “What shall I cry?”
“All flesh is grass,
And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
Because the breath of the Lord blows upon it;
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But the word of our God stands forever.”
Isaiah 40:6-8

Do I live this way? If not, how can I?

~ Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment