Thursday, December 10, 2015

Oh look, an update!

Oh my goodness, an update from Abby!

     I have not updated in almost a year?! I apologize. What's been going on in your lives? I'll give a brief update on mine and I'll share some blog news at the end...

     I have finished several semesters at Thomas Edison State College. I'm enjoying learning online and while it can be frustrating at times, it has been beneficial and exciting for the most part. It has forced me to discipline myself a lot more when it comes down to homework, studying, etc., which I cannot deny is a good thing.

     In the fall, I started up the girl's Bible study again: we meet every Monday (almost) and not only have I grown in my faith, but I have had some wonderful times with these girls. They are all uniquely beautiful, talented, and creative. Each of their stories are different and I am incredibly blessed to have just a tiny part in them.

     Also in the fall, I started up our church's after school program on Tuesday afternoons. We're a small group but we have a wonderful time. I have several adults from our church helping me and they have been sensational. I have had a few hiccups personally, but I think that's been nerves. Hopefully, with the Lord's help of course, it only gets better.

     This year has been tough. I dealt with situations regarding friends, family members, coworkers, etc., and it took a toll on me. I took most of my emotions and reactions out on myself and I was in a dark place for a long time. I had one person who knew what was going on almost the whole time and I don't know where I would have been if it wasn't for her prayers and support. Thank the Lord, when I was at my breaking point, He pulled me safe into His arms.  I struggle with many of those emotions and feelings still on a daily basis, but God is still good and He is in control. One of these days, maybe I will be ready to share the entire story.

     Now for the blog news- instead of my promising again to update more frequently, I'm going to only say that I will update when I can. Also, instead of this just being a random blog on the Internet of random instances of my life, I want to use this little platform as a way to share the light of Christ. So when I update (I will try!), I'll still include little details of my life, but the focus is turning from me to Him. The Lord has really been showing me that I need to use every opportunity to point others to Himself and to the best of my abilities, I shall try.

On that note, I shall say goodbye for now.
Blessings!
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment