Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Busy & Blessed

     It's the most hectic, crazy time right now and not just because of the Christmas season... I realized that when people ask me how I am, I always say busy. I've been saying "Good, busy, you?" for probably the last five years of my life. Maybe it's the just this time in my life, between being involved at church, college, trying to have a little bit of social life, and everything else. Honestly, I'm one of those people who need to be busy because otherwise I am incredibly lazy. So yes, while it's exhausting, I don't think I could not be busy. But that's when this passage comes in as a great encouragement:

Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. ~ Galatians 6:6-10

     While I do not always want to be this busy, maybe this is God telling me that while I can, I need to use this time for Him. Yes, I get stressed out over it all at times, but honestly since I have been listening to the Lord's voice more and more over the lat few months, the busyness and stress has a point. It's not just me making myself crazy. I have this time and I have to use it wisely.

~ Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment