Wednesday, September 6, 2017

When you're down.

   The enemy knows how to get at you when you're down, when you're already struggling. He's right there to keep pushing you down and away from the Lord. He see you having a tough time and decides to keep shoving until you break.

   This is when you have to get up and push forward. God is not going to give us more than we can handle: "And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:7-10) Get up and start refocusing your attention onto the Lord and away from the circumstances you find yourself in.

   In case anyone needs some ideas, here is a short list of a couple of the things I do to help in these types of situations:

  • Read my Bible and write out Bible verses. 
  • Walk around with my Bible in my hand and pray Bible verses over people and/or situations.
    • (Joshua 1:5-9, Nehemiah 8: 9-10, Psalm 25, 34, 66, 91, 123, 124, 141, John 16:25-33, Ephesians 6:10-20, James 1:12-18, 1 John 4:1-6 are some of my favorites.)
  • Put on some hymns or praise music.
  • Get on my knees and pray.
  • Talk to the Lord wherever I am.

   The point is for you to connect with God; this is not the time to sit back and let the devil win. Don't give up the fight because it feels too hard. The Lord will be on your side. He does not change. Lean on Him every step of the way.

Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment