Thursday, May 4, 2017

A Goodbye Letter

     It's been a little over two months since we had to put our dog Lady down and I'm finally able to share this without crying... well, crying a lot I should say. To those who have never had to say goodbye to a pet, it might seem a little silly, but to those who have, you know. I wrote this that night.


I said goodbye to one of the only friends who's stuck around always.
None of the annoying things you did seem to matter anymore. 
You were there when I needed a distraction.
You always knew how to make me smile through all my tears.
You were a silent friend I could talk to and dance around. 
You were everything a dog should be and more -
thank you for being one of my best friends in the world.
There will not be a day that goes by that I will not think of you in some small way.
I love you forever.
Thank you for being what I needed and much more.
Rest peacefully my dear puppy.
You will always hold a special portion of my heart.
I love you Lady.
Abby





No comments:

Post a Comment